The Courtyard sells seasonal local & organic fruit, veg and organic and fairly tradedwholefoods and serves food made with these ingredients in the cafe. We support local growers and producers, as well as fair trade and organic from further afield. throughout the year. Committed to Proper Job’s principles of sustainability we try to have as little impact on the natural environment as possible. Profits from the Courtyard go towards helping the charitable objectives of the Proper Job Resource Centre.
This is an exciting opportunity to take on the role of Café/Shop Manager. We expect you to have confidence in promoting the overall vision of the organisation; connecting with our community, especially food producers, and reaching out to our wider community to promote healthy, local and organic food and cooking. We encourage innovative ideas to engage and broaden our customer reach, especially as our town grows and new families move in. We will support you in your role with monthly meetings with Directors, continual professional development as appropriate and opportunities to engage with the wider team of staff and volunteers of Proper Job.
Main purpose of the job:
- Provide a warm, welcoming, visibly pleasing and affordable place for locals, visitors and staff to shop and enjoy
- Work collaboratively with the board of directors and admin manager to ensure the best for the business
- Manage all aspects of the day to day operations of the cafe and shop and liaise with co-manager
- Demonstrate strong people and leadership skills and maintain a well-functioning team of staff
- Oversee sales performance and stock control
- Communicate with customers, staff and directors and work well in a team environment.
- Promote our products and services, making use of our website and social media.
- Promote the aims and values of our community centred business.
- Experience in café or shop work or relevant role
- Exceptional customer service skills as well as a business mindset
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to manage and motivate a team
Good leadership skills and attention to detail
- Ability to make decisions and problem-solve
- Strong organisational skills
- Knowledge and understanding of health and hygiene regulations
- Reliable, with an ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
- Availability to work within opening hours (including weekends and holidays)
Application deadline Friday 6th December 2019 – Start date ASAP
Apply by sending a CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Click to see full Job Description here